Critical Moment recently became aware of a movement to create a sustained tent city occupation of Washington D.C.’s Liberty Square, similar to Tahrir Square in Egypt and other recent large scale people’s power events in Greece and Spain.
The protests support the following agenda:
- Tax the rich and corporations
- End the wars, bring the troops home, cut military spending
- Protect the social safety net, strengthen Social Security and improved Medicare for all
- End corporate welfare for oil companies and other big business interests
- Transition to a clean energy economy, reverse environmental degradation
- Protect worker rights including collective bargaining, create jobs and raise wages
- Get money out of politics
We discussed it as a collective and were enthusiastic about the event and encourage people to get involved. Check out there website at www.october2011.org.