- For community members interested in supporting the Catherine Ferguson Academy’s campaign, the school principal has set up a fund to make monetary donations: Checks can be made out to Catherine Ferguson Academy with “CFA Foundation” in the memo. Send to: Catherine Ferguson Academy, 2750 Selden, Detroit MI 48208.
- Local activist Evan Rohar’s map of the DPS “Renaissance 2012” plan. A work in progress. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you want to contribute to the ongoing development of this mapping project.
- The “Request for Proposals” released by the National Association of Charter School Authorizers, the Chicago-based organization contracted by Detroit Public Schools to evaluate charter bids on district schools.
- The text of the Michigan Public Act 4, aka “Emergency Manager” bill, signed by governor Rick Snyder on March 10, 2011.
- Detroit Public Schools is offering a “Board Members” training for those interested in serving on a board of directors of newly-converted charter schools. “The initial training for 50 people, set for Saturday April 30 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., is full, but a second workshop, scheduled for 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. May 20 at the DPS Welcome Center, Conference Room A, 3031 W. Grand Blvd. DPS also soon will announce an additional date.”